Union Station – Security Guard Specialist
LOCATION: 55 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5J 1E6
Room for growth into a variety of positions and promotions!
SECURITY DONE DIFFERENTLY! A CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED APPROACH.
West Egg Security offers strategic security solutions and customized human resource planning and management to organizations across diverse industries. Our management team, led by professionals with decades of people management experience in varied vertical markets, provides an unparalleled level of support to our partners and team members.
We are looking for a Security Guard Specialist, who can provide a highly visible, advanced level security service involving an array of duties and posts within Union Station. Servicing the site in a professional, competent, and courteous manner. We are looking for an Individual who will work with integrity, respect, and take responsibility for security which will ensure the safety of everyone on site.
- Recording and maintaining logbook of daily activities, unusual or special occurrences and issuance of equipment to staff
- Providing Security Guard Services at Union Station, through operating Security Systems, monitoring, and patrolling
- Monitoring and patrolling assigned areas, that includes responding to routine, emergency, and security & law enforcement calls
- Recognizing, investigating, and acting on possible breaches of security, fire and safety hazards, prohibited entry, theft and malfunction or interruption of utilities
- Being an ambassador of the client site by providing customer service, answering public inquiries, and performing guard tours along designated patrol routes. Assist in the movement of visitors and staff
- Informing the designated authorities in the event of security, fire, or health emergencies
- Activating fire alarm and safety systems and assisting in evacuation procedures
- Escorting designated authorities, police, fire, ambulance personnel to emergency location
- Screening unauthorized person and physically removing person found trespassing or engaging in criminal acts or breaching the policies. Legally arrest individual and surrender same to Police as soon as possible
- Receiving and recording complaints, conducting investigations, preparing incident reports, and conducting follow up investigations
- Performing duties such as open-up and lock-down procedures, bomb threat searches and security/life safety equipment inspections and testing
- Performing emergency response duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Manual
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education
- Minimum of two (2) years of security related experience (Preferably Tactical)
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act, and 5 Steps to a proper Arrest
- Police foundations, investigations, community justice, law enforcement based diploma
- Must Possess a valid Security license
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills
- Able to work in nights, weekends, weekdays, and holidays
Compensation: $21-$23 per hour