Tactical Security Supervisor
LOCATION: 515 Consumers Rd., North York ON M2J 4Z2
Room for growth into a variety of positions and promotions!
SECURITY DONE DIFFERENTLY! A CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED APPROACH.
West Egg Security offers strategic security solutions and customized human resource planning and management to organizations across diverse industries. Our management team, led by professionals with decades of people management experience in varied vertical markets, provides an unparalleled level of support to our partners and team members.
West Egg Security is currently seeking a skilled Tactical Security Supervisor to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible Supervisors will be responsible for overseeing, training, and delivering a highly visible and advanced level of security service encompassing a diverse range of duties and posts within the GTA. The primary focus will be on servicing various sites across the City of Toronto with professionalism, competence, and a courteous demeanor.
We are actively searching for an individual who embodies integrity, respect, and a strong sense of responsibility in ensuring the safety and security of all individuals on site. This position presents an excellent opportunity for you to elevate your security expertise, positioning you for potential future pursuits in law enforcement careers, such as with the Toronto Police Services, Parking Enforcement, Constable Services, and corporate security roles within the City of Toronto & Metrolinx.
If you are driven to make a significant contribution to the security field while enhancing your own professional growth, we encourage you to apply.
- Assists with the ongoing development of the team on-site.
- Works as a bridge between management and client by working with the client on-site to provide the most efficient and appropriate services.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Recording and maintaining logbook of daily activities, unusual or special occurrences and issuance of equipment to staff
- Providing Security Services at varying locations, through operating security systems, monitoring, and patrolling
- Monitoring and patrolling assigned areas, that includes responding to routine, emergency, and security & law enforcement calls.
- Recognizing, investigating, and acting on possible breaches of security, fire, and safety hazards, prohibited entry, theft and malfunction or interruption of utilities.
- Being an ambassador of the client site by providing customer service, answering public inquiries, and performing guard tours along designated patrol routes. Assist in the movement of visitors and staff.
- Informing the designated authorities in the event of security, fire, or health emergencies
- Escorting designated authorities, police, fire, ambulance personnel to emergency location
- Screening unauthorized persons and physically removing persons found trespassing or engaging in criminal acts or breaching the policies.
- Legally arrest individual and surrender same to a Peace Officer as soon as possible.
- Receiving and recording complaints, conducting investigations, preparing incident reports, and conducting follow up investigations.
- Performing emergency response duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Manual
- Working directly with the service providers on site to best provide a safe environment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods
- Steel-toe shoes/boots required
- Work may be outdoors and indoors
Mandatory Employment Requirements
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must Possess a valid Security license.
- Minimum of three (3) years of security related experience (Preferably Tactical)
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience (Preferably Security)
- Ability to multi-task and attend to several clients and/or incidents at once.
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act, and 5 Steps to a Proper Arrest
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Available to work nights, weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
Preferred Employment Requirements
- Police foundations, investigations, community justice, law enforcement-based diploma.
- Use of Force and/or
- Management of Resistive Behaviour
- Standard First Aid & CPR
- Mental Health Awareness Certification (MHAR)
- Supervisor Health & Safety Certification
Compensation: $23 per hour