Security Specialist - Respite
LOCATION: 515 Consumers Rd., North York ON M2J 4Z2
Room for growth into a variety of positions and promotions!
SECURITY DONE DIFFERENTLY! A CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED APPROACH.
West Egg Security offers strategic security solutions and customized human resource planning and management to organizations across diverse industries. Our management team, led by professionals with decades of people management experience in varied vertical markets, provides an unparalleled level of support to our partners and team members.
West Egg Security is currently seeking a skilled and tactical Security Guard to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering a highly visible and advanced level of security service encompassing a diverse range of duties and posts within Respites shelter homes. Your primary focus will be on servicing various sites across the City of Toronto with professionalism, competence, and a courteous demeanor.
We are actively searching for an individual who embodies integrity, respect, and a strong sense of responsibility in ensuring the safety and security of all individuals on site. This position presents an excellent opportunity for you to elevate your security expertise, positioning you for potential future pursuits in law enforcement careers, such as with the Toronto Police Services, Parking Enforcement, Constable Services, and corporate security roles within the City of Toronto & Metrolinx.
If you are driven to make a significant contribution to the security field while enhancing your own professional growth, we encourage you to apply. Your dedication will not only safeguard those within Respites shelter homes but also pave the way for your own advancement in the security and law enforcement sectors.
- Recording and maintaining logbook of daily activities, unusual or special occurrences and issuance of equipment to staff
- Providing Security Guard Services at varying respite shelters, through operating security systems, monitoring, and patrolling
- Monitoring and patrolling assigned areas, that includes responding to routine, emergency, and security & law enforcement calls
- Recognizing, investigating, and acting on possible breaches of security, fire and safety hazards, prohibited entry, theft and malfunction or interruption of utilities
- Being an ambassador of the client site by providing customer service, answering public inquiries, and performing guard tours along designated patrol routes. Assist in the movement of visitors and staff
- Informing the designated authorities in the event of security, fire, or health emergencies
- Activating fire alarm and safety systems and assisting in evacuation procedures
- Escorting designated authorities, police, fire, ambulance personnel to emergency location
- Screening unauthorized persons and physically removing persons found trespassing or engaging in criminal acts or breaching the policies. Legally arrest individual and surrender same to Police as soon as possible
- Receiving and recording complaints, conducting investigations, preparing incident reports, and conducting follow up investigations
- Performing duties such as open-up and lock-down procedures, bomb threat searches and security/life safety equipment inspections and testing
- Performing emergency response duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Manual
- Working directly with the service providers on site to best provide a safe environment
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education
- Minimum of two (2) years of security related experience (Preferably Tactical)
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act, and 5 Steps to a Proper Arrest
- Police foundations, investigations, community justice, law enforcement based diploma
- Must Possess a valid Security license
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills
- Available to work nights, weekends, weekdays, and holidays
Compensation: $21 per hour