LOCATION: 515 Consumers Rd., North York ON M2J 4Z2
Room for growth into a variety of positions and promotions!
SECURITY DONE DIFFERENTLY! A CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED APPROACH.
West Egg Security offers strategic security solutions and customized human resource planning and management to organizations across diverse industries. Our management team, led by professionals with decades of people management experience in varied vertical markets, provides an unparalleled level of support to our partners and team members.
This position is responsible for proactively supporting the property management by ensuring effective and efficient operations and providing quality customer service to tenants through the daily leadership and supervision of the on-shift team. This is attained through oversight of the team’s completion of daily work plan, adjusting priorities and resource allocations to meet demand and ensuring the team’s adherence to established performance standards and protocols. Leads are responsible for security guard performance management/monitoring, on-the-job training/coaching, maintaining time and attendance records and for ensuring compliance with company and client policies and procedures as well as government regulations.
- Providing Security Guard Services through the operation of various security systems and patrolling, such as responding to routine, emergency, security & law enforcement calls, maintaining the utmost confidentiality always.
- Monitoring and patrolling assigned areas.
- Observing, investigating, and acting on possible breaches of security, fire and safety hazards, illegal entry, theft and malfunction or interruption of utilities.
- Acting as an ambassador by providing customer service, responding to public inquiries and performing guard tours along designated routes.
- Informing the designated authorities in the event of security, fire, or health emergencies. Activating fire alarm and safety systems and assisting in evacuation procedures.
- Escorting designated authorities, police, fire, ambulance personnel to emergency locations.
- Recording and maintaining logbooks of daily activities, unusual or special occurrences and issuance of equipment to staff.
- Receiving/recording complaints, preparing incident reports.
- Providing security for protocol functions, demonstrations, and special events.
- Performing duties such as open-up and lock-down procedures, and security/life safety equipment inspections and testing.
- Performing emergency response duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Manual.
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education.
- Must have one (1) year of security guard or concierge related experience in Canada or the United States.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Must Possess a valid Security licence and Basic First Aid & CPR certification.
- Must be willing to provide Criminal Record check upon request.
- Proficient with various security hardware, software, keying & systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Able to work on weekends.
Compensation: $18 per hour