Community Safety Ambassador
LOCATION: 515 Consumers Rd., North York ON M2J 4Z2
Room for growth into a variety of positions and promotions!
SECURITY DONE DIFFERENTLY! A CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED APPROACH.
West Egg Security offers strategic security solutions and customized human resource planning and management to organizations across diverse industries. Our management team, led by professionals with decades of people management experience in varied vertical markets, provides an unparalleled level of support to our partners and team members.
We are looking for a Community Safety Ambassador, an individual who walks and talks, working closely with community members and organizations to promote safety, security, and well-being within a specific community or neighborhood. The primary role involves building positive relationships, addressing safety concerns, and providing support and education to community members. Community Safety Ambassadors play a vital role in fostering a safe and secure environment, requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage and collaborate with diverse community members. Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, relationship building, and organizational abilities are also essential for success in this role. Additionally, a good understanding of community dynamics, local resources, and safety protocols is crucial for effectively addressing community safety concerns.
- Team management: Supervise and lead a team of mobile patrol officers, including recruitment, training, and performance management. Provide guidance, support, and direction to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Patrol coordination: Plan and schedule patrol routes and assignments for mobile patrol officers to cover designated areas or properties. Coordinate with clients or stakeholders to understand their security needs and tailor patrol activities accordingly.
- Security inspections: Conduct regular inspections of patrol vehicles, equipment, and officer uniforms to ensure compliance with security standards. Verify that officers are properly equipped and prepared to carry out their duties.
- Security protocols: Ensure that mobile patrol officers are following established security procedures and protocols while conducting patrols. This includes checking access points, securing premises, reporting any incidents or suspicious activities, and responding to emergencies as needed.
- Incident response: Oversee and coordinate the response to security incidents or emergencies reported by mobile patrol officers. Evaluate the situation, provide guidance to officers, and liaise with appropriate authorities or emergency services when necessary.
- Communication and reporting: Maintain effective communication channels with mobile patrol officers, clients, and other stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of incidents, daily activity logs, and any relevant security information.
- Training and development: Identify training needs and provide ongoing training to mobile patrol officers to enhance their skills and knowledge in areas such as security procedures, emergency response, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Quality assurance: Implement quality assurance measures to monitor and evaluate the performance of mobile patrol officers. Conduct regular inspections, audits, and assessments to identify areas for improvement and ensure service excellence.
- Client relationship management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, addressing their concerns, and providing exceptional customer service. Regularly communicate with clients to understand their evolving security requirements and make appropriate adjustments to patrol activities.
- Compliance and regulations: Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards pertaining to security operations. Stay updated on changes in security regulations and implement necessary adjustments to maintain compliance.
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service or security related experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening
- Able to work nights, weekends, weekdays, and holidays
- Able to work outdoors with excessive walking and long periods of standing
Compensation: $18 per hour